After I felt my room was presentable enough to take pictures, here I am finally getting around to showing you my classroom set up for this school year. It was nice not to have to move rooms (since I have for the last three years) and it took WAY less time to set up than normally.
Here is what I like:
– neutral tones so the students’ art work will be the focus (woooooooo Reggio inspired!)
– not too many hidden corners so I can keep an eye on what’s going on (I’m about as tall as a kindergarten student, so I had barely any height advantage here people.)
– a clean carpet to start off the year (thanks to my fabulous coworker for bringing her Bissel in and doing it for me!)
– as many non plastic containers as possible (again, fist pump to Reggio inspired.)
– areas that can be easily changed for different purposes (table can be for art one day, flipped on its side for block exploration the next day, and turned back up again for play dough the next day)
– a small teacher dedicated space (if you can’t fit it in one small space, just throw it out. You won’t miss it. I promise.)
– lamps lamps lamps everywhere (fluorescent lights aren’t good for anyone.)
– area rugs to define spaces within the room.